Training Module - Fiber
Facial PDO Thread Lift Training for Dentists
NOTE: THIS COURSE IS COMBINED WITH THE “PHLEBOTOMY” COURSE – BOTH COURSES ARE TAKEN TOGETHER.
A two-day training module which carries 24 hours of verifiable scientific CPD and focuses on teaching Dentists to perform PDO Thread Lifting procedures that can be used for facial rejuvenation and the treatment of skin laxity.
While all materials and notes will be provided, this course has been designed to maximize "hands-on"practical experience and as such participants are required to arrange a patient to attend on the second day for them to complete practical training. Detailed information regarding appropriate patient selection (including contra-indications, medical history, consent etc), will be provided to all attendees upon completion of final registration.
We strongly advise treating patients that are known to you, as it is of no educational value to provide treatment to a patient you are never going to see again. You must be able to review the patient two weeks after initial treatment has been performed, as the true results of many procedures are not apparent for several weeks and this review will allow you to see and learn from the results of treatment provided during the course, as well as providing adequate follow-up measures and continuing care.
AADFA is able to assist you in selecting suitable candidates to work with during your training (by viewing pre-operative photographs provided by you and giving advice), however AADFA will NOT provide patients for you and failure to complete practical training will result in certification being withheld.
Participants in AADFA programs will be required to pass both theoretical and practical assessments in order to gain certification. Registration for a training program does not guarantee certification without first passing these assessments. If sufficient competency is not achieved to attain certification, AADFA will work with the practitioner to identify short-comings and develop skills to then RESIT the competency assessment at no additional fee. For more details on this process, please refer to the policies section on this website.
What you will learn...
- AADFA's patented "Concentrated Lift" technique - a world first in Facial Aesthetics!
- Philosophy of PDO thread lift facial rejuvenation procedures
- Relevant Anatomy for PDO thread lifts
- Safe and effective procedures, protocols and equipment for performing PDO thread lifts
- Material Science and Physiology behind PDO thread lifts
- Potential contra-indications, complications & side effects – how to avoid and manage them
- Necessary Treatment records, photography & consent
- The Law surrounding Dentists & Facial Rejuvenation – the right insurance & how to be protected
- The Business of Facial Rejuvenation – how to market, how to charge - from the unique dental business perspective